Jackson Chapel, off Farm Road 59 ten miles southwest of Athens in southwestern Henderson County, was first settled by John and Elizabeth Wafer Jackson, who in 1854 moved to the area from Mississippi. At one time there was a combination church and school at the site, but by the mid-1930s only an abandoned school building and a few houses remained. In the early 1980s there were still a few scattered houses in the area, among them Jackson's original dogtrot house.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Jackson Chapel is part of or belongs to the following places:
Jackson Chapel is classified as a Town
Has Post Office