Jameson

Product photo
Promotion: Nearby Map of Grayson County

Jameson, twelve miles southeast of Sherman in southeastern Grayson County, apparently formed after the Civil War and was named for Allen Jameson, an early area landowner. It received a post office branch in 1887 and in the 1890s reported an estimated fifty residents, Baptist and Methodist churches, a general store, a physician, and a gristmill and gin. Its post office closed in 1904, and its last available population estimate in 1910 was fifty. A general store may still have been at the site as late as 1917.

Continue Reading

David Minor | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Jameson is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Jameson is classified as a Town

Location

Latitude: 33.47486600
Longitude: -96.52617900

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No