Johnson Chapel, on Farm Road 49 ten miles west of Gilmer in western Upshur County, was probably settled before 1900. In the mid-1930s the community had a church, two businesses, and a number of houses. After World War II the businesses closed, and in the mid-1960s all that remained of the community was a church and a few scattered houses. In 1990 Johnson Chapel was a dispersed rural community.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Johnson Chapel is part of or belongs to the following places:
Johnson Chapel is classified as a Town
Has Post Office