Kittrell was twenty miles north of Huntsville in Walker County. It was named for Pleasant W. Kittrell, a pioneer physician who arrived in 1850 and settled north of the Trinity River in the region designated Kittrell's Cut-Off because it was separated from the remainder of the county by the Trinity River. Kittrell died in the yellow fever epidemic of 1867. The community that bore his name had a post office from 1898 to 1920; J. H. Dunlap was postmaster in 1914. In 1911 a six-grade school operated at Kittrell. In 1914 the Texas Gazetteer reported a general store and cotton gin there. In 1933 the population was fifty. In 1945 the community had twenty-five residents and one business. In 1991 county highway maps listed a general region designated as Kittrell (Trinity) oilfield.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Kittrell is part of or belongs to the following places:
Kittrell is classified as a Town
- ['s Cut-Off]
Has Post Office
Kittrell by the Numbers
This is some placeholder text that we should either remove or replace with a brief summary about this particular metric. For example, "We update population counts once per year..."