La Blanca is off State Highway 107 and Farm Road 493, sixteen miles northeast of McAllen in south central Hidalgo County. The town was named for La Blanca Ranch, which had been established on the Gil Zarate survey before 1800. Settlement by northern Anglo-Americans occurred when the railroad came to the area in 1908. In 1927 La Blanca became a post office on the Texas and New Orleans Railroad. The community's population was estimated at 200 in the late 1920s. In 1941 the town reported seven businesses and an estimated population of 150. In the early 1990s La Blanca was a dispersed rural community and reported a population of 150. By 2000 the population had grown to 2,351 with nine businesses.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
La Blanca is part of or belongs to the following places:
La Blanca is classified as a Town
Has Post Office
Population Count, 2020 View more »