Lake View (Lakeview) is at the junction of Farm roads 211 and 179, two miles east of the Terry county line and four miles south of the Lubbock county line in northwestern Lynn County. It began between 1900 and 1905, and a school was established in 1905. Local tradition has it that its name came about because a playa was once visible from the school. By 1948 the town had a school, a store, a cotton gin, a blacksmith shop, and a population of fifteen. By the mid-1970s the school was gone. A cotton gin, a store-station combination, and a grain company made up most of the community in 1974. In the 1980s the Lakeview Baptist Church, organized in 1936, was still active, as was the Anderson grain elevator begun in the mid-1960s. Lake View was still listed as a community in 1990. In 2000 the population was recorded as twenty.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Lakeview is part of or belongs to the following places:
Lakeview is classified as a Town
Has Post Office
Lakeview by the Numbers
This is some placeholder text that we should either remove or replace with a brief summary about this particular metric. For example, "We update population counts once per year..."