Lakeview

Product photo
Promotion: Nearby Map of Floyd County

Lakeview is at the junction of Farm roads 651 and 1958, ten miles southeast of Floydada in south central Floyd County. It originated as a school community in 1892. The school was rebuilt in 1900 and in 1919. In 1925 the Lakeview school was in District 11 of the Floydada and Lockney Independent School District. A high school was added in 1930–31 but closed in 1967. In 1936 Lakeview had a church, a school, a cemetery, one business, and a number of scattered dwellings, and in 1942 the population was estimated at fifty. In 1964 the town had a school, a cemetery, a grain elevator, a factory, and one business. The population was estimated at forty-five in 1968, and the same figure was reported up until 1986. In 2000 the population was forty-four.

Continue Reading

William R. Hunt | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Lakeview is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

Yes

Place type

Lakeview is classified as a Town

Location

Latitude: 33.87674780
Longitude: -101.25737540

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No

Population Count, 2009

39