Lambert was a farming community near the tracks of the Texas and Pacific Railway eight miles west of Weatherford in Parker County. Settlement began in the mid-1870s. Originally the area was called Fox after a common school begun by the settlers. In 1880 the town was renamed Lambert after the man who contracted to build one mile of track near the community. In 1885 a post office branch was opened there. By the mid-1890s Lambert served as a church and school community for area farmers. In 1909 the post office was discontinued. The estimated population of Lambert was fifteen in the 1940s; after that time no population statistics were available.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Lambert is part of or belongs to the following places:
Lambert is classified as a Town
Has Post Office