Landergin, halfway between Adrian and Vega in south central Oldham County, was headquarters for a ranch established in 1906 by the brothers Pat H. and John Landergin, who subsequently helped found the town of Vega. When the Chicago, Rock Island and Gulf Railway built through the area in 1908, the Landergins established a supply store near the railroad switch, and a small community developed. Mail was received from Vega. In 1936 Landergin reported one store and a population of fifteen. In the 1980s the site was marked by a grain elevator, a filling station, and a roadside cafe.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Landergin is part of or belongs to the following places:
Landergin is classified as a Town
Has Post Office