Landrum Station, or Landrum, is near the junction of U.S. Highway 281 and Farm Road 2520, eight miles south of Harlingen in southwest Cameron County. A railway station was opened when the San Benito and Rio Grande Valley Railway built a spur through the area in 1913. A post office was established there in the early 1900s and called Landrum Station, after the operator of the general store. The settlement became a supply point for the farming area. It reported one store and a population of twenty-five in 1948. By 1964, the next year in which population estimates were recorded, the site had 125 inhabitants. In 1990 and again in 2000 the population was reported at 125.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Landrum Station is part of or belongs to the following places:
Landrum Station is classified as a Town
Has Post Office