Leatherwood was near what is now U.S. Highway 82/State Highway 114 twelve miles east of Crosbyton in extreme eastern Crosby County, near the Dickens county line. A school district was started there on July 9, 1912, and a school was soon built on the M. G. Leatherwood farm and named for that family. The building also served as a church and community center. Leatherwood was one of eighteen school districts in Crosby County in the 1930s. The school served the area until August 15, 1949, when it was consolidated with Crosbyton school. Nothing remained of the community in the 1980s except a Texas Historical Commission marker relating the history of the school.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Leatherwood is part of or belongs to the following places:
Leatherwood is classified as a Town
Has Post Office