Clark's Chapel was on Farm Road 713 six miles southeast of Lockhart in central Caldwell County. A camp meeting was held on land owned by William Alexander Clark in 1877, at which time the Clark's Chapel Methodist Church was organized. A post office was established there in 1899; it was called Ledford in honor of a local doctor and store owner, but residents of the community continued to use the name Clark's Chapel. Clark's Chapel became the focus of a common school district in 1886, but the school was consolidated with the Harmony Grove school in 1912. The church, which had about 150 members in 1890, continued to hold regular services until the mid-1940s. In the 1950s groups began to use the site for family reunions. In the 1970s and 1980s the grounds of the church and cemetery were kept by a cemetery committee. Clark's Chapel Cemetery received a Texas Historical Marker in 2004.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Ledford is part of or belongs to the following places:
Ledford is classified as a Town
- (Clark's Chapel)
Has Post Office