Liberty

Liberty is on Farm Road 3242 five miles north of Milano in east central Milam County. Before the Civil War it was the site of a Methodist church. Liberty had a one-teacher school with fifty-nine students in 1903; the school was consolidated with the Milano Independent School District in 1931. A school, a church, and a few scattered houses marked the community on the 1941 county highway map. Liberty had forty residents in 1990.

Continue Reading

Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Liberty is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

Yes

Place type

Liberty is classified as a Town

Location

Latitude: 30.77713660
Longitude: -96.85220250

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No

Population Count, 2009

40