Lincoln Springs

Product photo
Promotion: Nearby Map of Smith County

Lincoln Springs, also known as Evergreen, is a small rural community just below Farm Road 271 in extreme northeastern Smith County. Evergreen was originally part of the William W. Avery survey. Little is known about early settlement, but in 1936 the community had a church, a school, two businesses, and a cluster of dwellings on both bituminous and metal-surfaced graded and drained roads. Mars Hill Church was also nearby. The school at that time was an elementary school with three teachers. By 1952 the Evergreen School had been consolidated into the Gladewater Independent School District. Evergreen had disappeared from Smith County maps by 1971, but the settlement of Lincoln Springs was located near the old site of Evergreen. It consisted of Lincoln Springs Church and a few scattered farms on Lincoln Springs Road. The Lincoln Springs community was still identified on the 1981 county highway map.

Continue Reading

Vista K. McCroskey | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Adopted by: Tony & Melissa Bremer and Family
Adoption Message: Family, Near and Far
Until: March 15th, 2025

Belongs to

Lincoln Springs is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Lincoln Springs is classified as a Town

Associated Names

  • (Evergreen)

Location

Latitude: 32.49347910
Longitude: -94.98799630

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No