Lindendale

Product photo
Promotion: Nearby Map of Kendall County

Lindendale is twenty-four miles northeast of Boerne on Farm Road 1888 in northeastern Kendall County. It was named for the linden trees that grew along the Blanco River. Settlement of the area began in the 1860s, when the Gates family arrived and established an apple orchard. J. C. Hoge donated five acres with a log cabin for the Mount Glen school, which was later renamed Lindendale. The school had one teacher and twenty-seven students in 1905; it served the Lindendale area until the district was consolidated with the Blanco schools in 1951. A community center marked Lindendale on county highway maps in the 1980s, but no population estimates were available.

Continue Reading

Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Lindendale is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

Yes

Place type

Lindendale is classified as a Town

Location

Latitude: 30.11187450
Longitude: -98.63197280

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No

Population Count, 2009

70