Little Flock

Product photo
Promotion: Nearby

Map of Bell County

Little Flock is a farming community on Little Elm Creek three miles east of Temple in eastern Bell County. The community, named for the biblical text in Luke 12:32, was the site in the 1860s of a gristmill, a cotton gin, a Primitive Baptist church, and a cemetery. Sunshine Church moved to the community from another location in 1879. Little Flock also hosted an annual camp meeting for seven different congregations in the later nineteenth century. In 1903 the Little Flock School had fifty-three pupils and two teachers. Little Flock remained a small community and had two churches, scattered dwellings, the school, and the cemetery in 1948. In 1974 only a single church and a few dwellings remained there.

Continue Reading

Mark Odintz | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Little Flock is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Little Flock is classified as a Town

Location

Latitude: 31.07767970
Longitude: -97.28916820

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No