Little Mound was a rural community on Farm Road 49 thirteen miles west of Gilmer in west central Upshur County. It was probably settled around 1900. In the mid-1930s the community, then known as Little Mound School, had a school, a church, and a number of houses. After World War II the school was closed, and in the mid-1960s all that remained of the community was a church, a cemetery, and a few scattered houses. In 1990 Little Mound was a dispersed rural community.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Little Mound is part of or belongs to the following places:
Little Mound is classified as a Town
Has Post Office