Live Oak was on Farm Road 243 seven miles northeast of Bertram in northeastern Burnet County. A school was established there in the 1880s. In 1896 it had one teacher and twenty-one students. The wooden school was replaced with a brick structure in the 1920s. Social activities of area residents, including box suppers, spelling bees, plays, dances, and singings, were often held at the schoolhouse. When the Live Oak school was consolidated with the Bertram Independent School District in 1942, the major focus of the community was eliminated. The school and a few scattered houses marked the community's location on county highway maps in the 1940s, but by the 1980s no evidence of Live Oak appeared.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Live Oak is part of or belongs to the following places:
Live Oak is classified as a Town
Has Post Office