Lodi, at the junction of Farm Road 536 and the Goliad Road, six miles northwest of Floresville, was the first settlement in Wilson County. Don Francisco Flores de Abrego established his hacienda there before 1832, and his home, church, and cemetery became the nucleus of a community that was made county seat in 1867. Lodi lost its position as county seat to Sutherland Springs in March 1871, regained it in July 1871, and in 1873 lost it again, this time to Floresville, a new townsite on the survey of the San Antonio and Aransas Pass Railway. A post office was established in Lodi in 1858 and operated until 1872. A school was in operation by 1896, when it had an enrollment of 154. The town declined after 1900, and by 1940 only the ruins of the hacienda and church remained. A Texas Historical Commission marker was placed at the site in 1971.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Lodi is part of or belongs to the following places:
Lodi is classified as a Town
Has Post Office