Loma Alta, also known as Lomo Alto or Lomo, is twenty-two miles southeast of Tilden on a county road off Farm Road 624 in southern McMullen County. By 1900 the community had a school and a few houses; in 1905 nineteen students attended the school. In 1910 John M. Whitley opened a general store, which closed around 1915. Also in 1910 a post office opened under the name Lomo Alto, and the community had a population of twelve. The post office closed in 1924. During the 1930s the community saw a brief oil boom, and a map from the 1940s showed a school still in Loma Alta. The school closed in the late 1940s, and by 1952 the community consisted of only a few houses scattered near the site. Loma Alta was still shown on the 1988 county highway map.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Loma Alta is part of or belongs to the following places:
Loma Alta is classified as a Town
Has Post Office
Loma Alta by the Numbers
This is some placeholder text that we should either remove or replace with a brief summary about this particular metric. For example, "We update population counts once per year..."