Lone Camp, on Farm Road 4 eight miles north of Santo in central Palo Pinto County, was settled in the 1870s. It had no rail or major road transportation, and its proximity to Santo and Palo Pinto inhibited its growth. A post office operated in Lone Camp from 1907 until 1920. The population was fifty in 1914 and forty-eight in 1940, when the community had two stores. It was reported at thirty-two in 1980 and 1990. The population grew to 110 by 2000.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Lone Camp is part of or belongs to the following places:
Lone Camp is classified as a Town
Has Post Office
Lone Camp by the Numbers
This is some placeholder text that we should either remove or replace with a brief summary about this particular metric. For example, "We update population counts once per year..."