Longworth, on Plum Creek and Farm Road 57, eight miles southeast of Roby in south central Fisher County, was established in 1902 and was named for the F. M. Long Ranch. In 1907 the Long Ranch was divided into farm tracts and sold to a Bohemian colony that had moved there from Pennsylvania. The Kansas City, Mexico and Orient Railway began serving the area in 1907. County gypsum deposits were processed beginning in 1909 at Plasterco, near Hamlin, and many Longworth residents were employed by the plant. In 1923 a gypsum deposit was discovered near Longworth. The town in 1948 had a school, a church, five businesses, and a population of 200. By 1980 its population had dropped to sixty-five, and it was reported at that level through 2000.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Longworth is part of or belongs to the following places:
Longworth is classified as a Town
Has Post Office
Longworth by the Numbers
This is some placeholder text that we should either remove or replace with a brief summary about this particular metric. For example, "We update population counts once per year..."