Lost Creek

Product photo
Promotion: Nearby Map of McCulloch County

The Lost Creek community grew up near the mouth of Lost Creek a few miles east of Voca in southeastern McCulloch County. The John Bomar family settled there in 1859, and several other families joined them in the 1860s. The first school in McCulloch County was probably the Vernon school, established in the Lost Creek area about 1865. Some evidence suggests that early county government activities took place at Lost Creek when McCulloch County was partly organized in the early 1860s. When Brady was made county seat in 1876, Lost Creek lost its previous importance, and few incoming settlers chose to reside there. No evidence of the Lost Creek community appears on county highway maps.

Continue Reading

Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Lost Creek is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Lost Creek is classified as a Town

Location

Latitude: 31.02461390
Longitude: -99.13421740

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No