Lusk

Lusk is on U.S. Highway 183 three miles southeast of Woodson and one mile north of the Stephens county line in southeast Throckmorton County. A post office was established there on May 12, 1900, with Lucie E. Lusk as postmistress. The population, fifty in 1929, had dropped by 1936 to twenty. In 1936 the town had two businesses. Only one business was reported during the 1940s and 1950s, and the post office was closed about 1954. Lusk appeared on county maps of the 1980s as a rural settlement. In 2000 the population was ten.

Continue Reading

Charles G. Davis | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Lusk is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Lusk is classified as a Town

Associated Names

  • (New Town)

Location

Latitude: 32.97094580
Longitude: -99.03201610

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No