Luxello

Luxello was on Cibolo Creek and the Missouri, Kansas and Texas line, eighteen miles northeast of downtown San Antonio in northeastern Bexar County. The community, known briefly as Landa, was probably first settled around 1900. A post office opened there in 1915 but closed a short time later. Luxello was named for Charles Lux, who served as its first postmaster. In 1915 Luxello had a population of thirty-five. The community declined during the 1920s, but in the mid-1930s it still had a store, a station, and several houses. In 1930 and again in 1940 its population was reported as twenty-five. With the growth of nearby Selma and Universal City after World War II, the community lost its distinctive character, and by the late 1980s it was no longer shown on maps.

Continue Reading

Christopher Long | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Luxello is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Luxello is classified as a Town

Associated Names

  • (Landa)

Location

Latitude: 29.60161640
Longitude: -98.31417980

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No