Lynch, on State Highway 35 eight miles west of Emory in western Rains County, was first settled around the time of the Civil War. A school was in operation there by 1904, when it had an enrollment of fifty-four. In the mid-1930s the settlement had a school, a church, and a number of scattered dwellings. After World War II the school closed, and in the early 1990s only a cemetery and a few houses remained.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Lynch is part of or belongs to the following places:
Lynch is classified as a Town
Has Post Office