Mabry, four miles west of Clarksville in Red River County, was founded in 1854 by the William L. Mabry family, the first settlers in the area. At the townsite Mabry built a horse-powered cotton gin and a steam gristmill and thresher and later, with Capt. Will Van Dyke, the town's first steam cotton gin. By 1900 several businesses and three dairies operated in Mabry. A Mabry post office operated from 1902 to 1906. The town had two churches by 1900; the Christian church dedicated in 1902 operated until 1912. The first school was built in 1870 and was consolidated with the Clarksville Independent School District in 1945. The 1967 the population of Mabry was estimated at seventy-five. In 1990 the residents of Mabry raised cattle or worked in nearby towns. The population was estimated at sixty. The population remained the same in 2000.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Mabry is part of or belongs to the following places:
Mabry is classified as a Town
Has Post Office
Mabry by the Numbers
This is some placeholder text that we should either remove or replace with a brief summary about this particular metric. For example, "We update population counts once per year..."