Marcy was north of Farm Road 617 three miles west of present Rochester in northwestern Haskell County. In 1887 Zed Marcy and his family came into the region and settled in what became known as Old Marcy. A school was established in the late 1880s and was known as Marcy. A post office was established on August 29, 1900, in the store of Calvin A. Clemmer, the first postmaster. During the early 1900s the town grew to include two stores, two churches, and a gin. The Kansas City, Mexico and Orient Railway missed Marcy in 1906, and the town moved to Rochester. The post office reflected that change on April 26 of that year. Although sources are unclear, Old Marcy may have been named after Capt. Randolph Barnes Marcy, who led an army expedition into the region in 1849.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Marcy is part of or belongs to the following places:
Marcy is classified as a Town
Has Post Office