Hynson Springs was a spa community six miles west of Marshall in western Harrison County. The site was known as Marshall Springs or Iron Springs in the 1850s and was promoted as a health spa by Dr. W. H. Dial of Marshall. One Colonel Hynson purchased the property from Dial and by 1860 had built a home on a hill just above the springs. During the Civil War Hynson and an associate, George Gregg, opened a leather-tanning operation on the site and, according to one source, may have had as many as 300 employees in the tannery. The Interstate Investment Company of Shreveport, Louisiana, purchased the property in 1890, and a large hotel, called Hotel Randell, was built there. The mineral springs and the resort were popular for a number of years, but the hotel was closed in 1905 and burned some years later. By the 1930s only ruins remained at the site.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Marshall Springs is part of or belongs to the following places:
Marshall Springs is classified as a Town
- (Hynson Springs)
Has Post Office