Marvin is on Farm Road 905 two miles southeast of Paris in central Lamar County. It is bordered on the north by Echols Creek and on the east by Big Sandy Creek. The community was named for Methodist Bishop Enoch M. Marvin. The area was occupied by 1896, when a Marvin school reported forty-six students and one male teacher. Maps for 1936 showed the school, two businesses, and a cluster of dwellings. By 1957 the East Lamar Common School District had absorbed the Marvin school, and by 1970 this system had become part of the Prairieland Independent School District. Marvin still appeared on maps in 1983.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Marvin is part of or belongs to the following places:
Marvin is classified as a Town
Has Post Office
Population Count, 2009