McCurley

McCurley was two miles southeast of the town of Lake Dallas in Denton County. It was named for the McCurley brothers, who settled there in the 1850s. A school district probably existed as early as the 1880s. In 1936 McCurley had a rural school and a separate school for Blacks. The community was submerged by the waters of Lewisville Lake in the 1950s. In 1984 a Texas Historical Commission marker for the McCurley Cemetery was placed in nearby Lewisville.

Continue Reading

Randolph B. "Mike" Campbell | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

McCurley is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

McCurley is classified as a Town

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No