McShane was on the Gulf, Colorado and Santa Fe line just east of Votaw and about forty miles northwest of Beaumont in northwestern Hardin County. The community was established in 1911 by the McShane Lumber Company of Dearborn as a logging camp for the Dearborn mill. The population was reported as 300 when installations were removed and the site abandoned in 1913. See also DEARBORN, TEXAS.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
McShane is part of or belongs to the following places:
McShane is classified as a Town
Has Post Office