Mission Hill, a Comal County community on the northwest outskirts of New Braunfels, was named for Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe Mission, established on the Guadalupe River in 1755 for scattered groups of Tawakoni, Yojuane, Mayeye, Ervipiame, and other Indians. German settlers from New Braunfels spread into nearby Mission Valley in 1846. A public free school was established in 1870, and for a time a Catholic chapel was maintained. Potassium nitrate for the manufacture of gunpowder for the Confederate Army was extracted from bat guano taken from the Brehmer Cave in the valley.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Mission Hill is part of or belongs to the following places:
Mission Hill is classified as a Town
Has Post Office