Moglia

Moglia, on Farm Road 2050 fifteen miles north of Bruni and forty-five miles northeast of Laredo in eastern Webb County, was named for Lod Moglia, the original grantee of land. Lodovico Moglia operated a general store between 1900 and 1920. The population of the community was reported as twenty-five from 1920 to 1940. A post office operated there from 1913 to 1916. Highway maps of 1948 showed two residences in Moglia, and the community was still listed on highway maps in the 1980s.

Continue Reading

Michael D. Deane | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Moglia is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Moglia is classified as a Town

Location

Latitude: 27.59147900
Longitude: -98.84948200

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No