Monington

Monington was near the Trinity River in the vicinity of present day Tucker in southwestern Anderson County. The community had a post office from 1918 to 1923 and appears to have been named for the Monnig family, who owned an extensive cotton plantation called Long Lake in the area. Monington was not listed on state highway maps of the 1930s.

Continue Reading

Mark Odintz | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Monington is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Monington is classified as a Town

Associated Names

  • (Long Lake)

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No