Mosely

Mosely existed as an Upton County post office from 1906 until 1908. The station was named for the Ed Mosely family and was located twenty-five miles northeast of the site of present Rankin. The small community appeared on a 1929 state map but not on more recent county maps. County maps of the 1980s showed the area northeast of Rankin to be a sparsely settled oil-producing region.

Continue Reading

Charles G. Davis | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Mosely is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Mosely is classified as a Town

Associated Names

  • [Moseley]

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No