Bryarly, in northeastern Red River County, was named for R. T. Bryarly, who settled in the area before 1840. The settlement was a landing point for steamboats on the Red River as early as 1854. It was called Mound City until Joseph L. Bryarly became postmaster in 1892. Its population was fifteen in 1910 and twenty-two in 1920. In 1940 the community had two stores, two churches, a post office, and a population of fifty. By 1956 the post office had been closed. In 1986 Bryarly reported a population of thirty-two and no businesses. In 1991 the population was recorded as five. The population remained the same in 2000.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Mound City is part of or belongs to the following places:
Mound City is classified as a Town
Has Post Office