Navarro Mills Lake
Navarro Mills Lake was created for flood control and water supply
Navarro Mills Lake, also known as Navarro Mills Reservoir, is sixteen miles west of Corsicana in the Trinity River basin in western Navarro County (at 31°57' N, 96°42' W). The lake extends into eastern Hill County. The project is owned by the United States government and is operated for flood control and recreational purposes by the United States Army Corps of Engineers, Fort Worth district. The Trinity River Authority purchased the conservation storage space of 63,000 acre-feet and by 1964 controlled diversion and conservation uses. Construction on the project began on December 23, 1959, and deliberate impoundment of water began on March 15, 1963. The reservoir has a total capacity of 63,300 acre-feet at the top of conservation storage at an elevation of 424½ feet above mean sea level. It has a surface area of 5,070 acres, a shoreline of thirty-eight miles, and a flood-control capacity of 148,900 acre-feet. The drainage area above the dam is 320 square miles. The local terrain is flat to rolling and is surfaced by clay and sandy loams that support water-tolerant hardwoods and grasses.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Navarro Mills Lake is part of or belongs to the following places:
- Surface Area (in acres): 4,736
- Storage Capacity (in acre-feet): 49,827
Lake Maintained or Owned by
Date of Origin1963 (61 years ago)
Navarro Mills Lake is classified as a Lake
- Flood Control
- Municipal water supply