Navo

Navo is ten miles east of Denton on U.S. Highway 380 in east central Denton County. It was established in 1847 by Thomas Navo, from whom it derived its name. A post office opened there in 1884 and closed in 1907. Navo reported a population of thirty-six from the mid-1930s through the late 1980s, when it had a grocery store and gas station. In 2000 the population was thirty-five.

Continue Reading

Brian Hart | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Navo is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Navo is classified as a Town

Associated Names

  • (Salt Branch)

Location

Latitude: 33.22067390
Longitude: -96.93000470

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No