Neals was thirteen miles southwest of Gilmer and just north of the Sabine River in southern Upshur County. The settlement, named for an early settler, Charles O'Neal, was established as a stop on the Texas and Pacific Railway in 1871. It served for a time as a shipping point for pine lumber milled on the Sabine. By 1890 the settlement had disappeared.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Neals is part of or belongs to the following places:
Neals is classified as a Town
Has Post Office