Needmore

Needmore, five miles southeast of Nacogdoches in southeastern Nacogdoches County, was probably established around 1900. During the 1930s the small community had a school and a number of houses, and several stores were in the area. Around the time of World War II the school was consolidated with those of Nacogdoches, and in the postwar years most of the residents moved away. In the early 1990s only a few scattered houses remained in the area.

Continue Reading

Christopher Long | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Needmore is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Needmore is classified as a Town

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No