Neighborsville (Neighborville) was a Comal County community across the Guadalupe River from New Braunfels. It was practically the same town as Horton Town, which was settled in 1847 when Leopold Iwonsky sold fifty-acre tracts from the Albert C. Horton survey. Horton Town had a population of ninety-seven in 1850. In 1853 Jacob De Cordova laid out a townsite called Neighborsville on the Esnaurizar league next to the Horton league. He gave a lot for St. Martin's Evangelical Lutheran Church, which had been organized in Horton Town in 1850. Community stores sprang up, and a gristmill was operated by steam power. A stagecoach roadhouse served the three stagecoach lines, which operated on the Old San Antonio Road, the main street of Neighborsville. By the late 1940s the New Braunfels Textile Mills were located in Neighborsville, but by that time the community had disappeared from maps of the county; most of it had been absorbed into the city limits of New Braunfels.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Neighborsville is part of or belongs to the following places:
Neighborsville is classified as a Town
- (Horton Town)
Has Post Office