Neinda, on Farm Road 126 seven miles southeast of Hamlin in northwest Jones County, was settled in the 1880s by Joe Cox and others. It was called Banner until the post office was established in 1900. The railroads bypassed Neinda, and the town's first postmaster, John O'Brien, was also its last. In 1940 Neinda had a gin, several businesses, and seventy-five residents. In 1978 a store, a gin, and the Baptist church survived. The population was thirty-one in 1980 and 1990. The old cemetery is maintained by the Cemetery Association and the Pioneers Reunion, which meets annually. In 2000 the population was twenty-one .
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Neinda is part of or belongs to the following places:
Neinda is classified as a Town
Has Post Office
Neinda by the Numbers
This is some placeholder text that we should either remove or replace with a brief summary about this particular metric. For example, "We update population counts once per year..."