New Camp

Product photo
Promotion: Nearby Map of Nacogdoches County

New Camp was a logging community near the site of present Chireno eighteen miles southeast of Nacogdoches in southeastern Nacogdoches County. The settlement was established by the Angelina County Lumber Company around 1900 and served for many years as a stop on the Angelina and Neches River Railroad. During the 1930s the small community had a depot and a number of houses, and several stores were in the vicinity. After World War II most of the residents moved away, and by the early 1990s only a few scattered houses remained.

Continue Reading

Christopher Long | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

New Camp is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

New Camp is classified as a Town

Location

Latitude: 31.46323960
Longitude: -94.39687010

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No