New Hope

New Hope is on Farm Road 354 nine miles west of San Augustine in northwestern San Augustine County. In 1904 the New Hope school had forty-nine pupils and one teacher, and by 1932 the New Hope school district had seventy-four pupils and three teachers. The community consisted of a church, a school, and scattered dwellings in 1940. By the 1980s New Hope comprised a number of dwellings, a cemetery, and a community center. In 2000 the population was seventy-five.

Continue Reading

Mark Odintz | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

New Hope is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

Yes

Place type

New Hope is classified as a Town

Location

Latitude: 31.54962590
Longitude: -94.26214430

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No

Population Count, 2009

75