New Moore, also known as Nurmoore, is at the intersection of Farm roads 179 and 213, in southwestern Lynn County. It began in 1924 and 1925, when the Slash-L Ranch sold off its lands to incoming farmers. The community was named for G. A. Newman of the Newman Development Company and for W. McCarty Moore, who bought land from the ranch. A school district was established in 1924, but little growth occurred. By 1948 the community had four businesses, a church, a cotton gin, a school, and a population of fifty. In 1974 it had a gin, a combination store and station, and a rarely used church. It was still listed as a community in 1990. By 2000 the population was ten.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
New Moore is part of or belongs to the following places:
New Moore is classified as a Town
Has Post Office
New Moore by the Numbers
This is some placeholder text that we should either remove or replace with a brief summary about this particular metric. For example, "We update population counts once per year..."