Newby is near the intersection of Farm roads 1512 and 1469, on the Burlington Northern line two miles west of Jewett in northwestern Leon County. It was established in 1907 as a station on the Trinity and Brazos Valley Railway. T. Brad Robinson opened a store in the community about 1910, and when Newby was granted a post office in 1913, he served as the first postmaster. The town reported a population of 100 in 1925 and had three businesses in 1931. In 1940 Newby consisted of a church, five businesses, and scattered dwellings. Its post office closed in 1954. The population of Newby was estimated at forty from 1949 through 2000.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Newby is part of or belongs to the following places:
Newby is classified as a Town
Has Post Office
Newby by the Numbers
This is some placeholder text that we should either remove or replace with a brief summary about this particular metric. For example, "We update population counts once per year..."