North Bennett

North Bennett, formerly known as Head, is on Farm Road 2005 and a county road, twelve miles northeast of Goldthwaite and four miles northwest of Center City in eastern Mills County. The county's first judge, J. B. Head, moved to the site with his family around 1890. The Head community was on a mail route from Caradan and had a church and school in 1936. Later the site became known as North Bennett, presumably because of its proximity to the northern fork of Bennett Creek. No population figures were reported for North Bennett in 1990.

Continue Reading

Richard Allen Burns | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

North Bennett is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

North Bennett is classified as a Town

Associated Names

  • (Head)

Location

Latitude: 31.52877110
Longitude: -98.43392930

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No