North Cowden is on State Highway 158 seventeen miles northwest of Odessa in north central Ector County. Oil was discovered in the North Cowden field on September 3, 1930, and the town that developed to supply the oilfield workers was named for that field. A post office was established in the community in 1947; Anna Dryer served as the first postmaster. By 1952 North Cowden reported three businesses, and from 1954 through 1961 it had seven, but in 1964 no businesses were reported. By 1976 the post office had closed. From 1952 through 2000 the population of North Cowden was estimated at eighty.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
North Cowden is part of or belongs to the following places:
North Cowden is classified as a Town
Has Post Office