Oak Grove

Oak Grove is located at the junction of County roads 210 and 211 about nine miles southwest of Columbus in western Colorado County. The area had its own community school district in the early 1900s, and the Oak Grove School operated from 1897 to 1924. Teachers through the years included J. W. Holt and Beatrice Obenhaus. No population statistics were available throughout most of the twentieth century, but the community was shown on highway maps in the 1980s. In 2000 Oak Grove had a population of 40.

Continue Reading

Laurie E. Jasinski | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Oak Grove is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

Yes

Place type

Oak Grove is classified as a Town

Location

Latitude: 29.65904600
Longitude: -96.70081600

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No

Population Count, 2009

40